Now with 20% more shitposting

Rock Hard Quarry

Rebirth, Relieve, Respawn

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Mail service is now fully working and it now does TLS Standard Encryption. So it should no longer send mails to the spam or fail to send.

Hey guest, why not log in Rock Hard Quarry and take the advantage to post here.
You can't take advantage of that staying as a guest! Login Now!

#26 11-13-2014 03:12:43

Coolman
VIP
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 54,483

Re: Rant Thread

oui

i guess that makes more sense. but even the colleges in my area aren't that big

PZNgyLU.gif

#27 11-13-2014 03:53:29

mariodude
Ming of Kemes
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Sailing Away

Rocks: 51,662

GreyUltimatum wrote:

to top it all off the other day someone covered up all the mirrors with a sign saying something like ~focus on your inner beauty today. like what the fuck i don't look at the mirror to check myself out i look at the mirror to make sure i have good form

holy shit that's great.

EBxF7AX.pngTUODfW5.png1LAL4ta.pngEAwmdRn.pngCofUHWZ.gifajZhls8.gif
o47AyLu.png
donkeykong waifu Overmind_Ani.gif

#28 11-13-2014 04:07:18

clarkz
VIP
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Special Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 13,896,964

ut is 53k

city of over 800k and one single university makes up 7% of the population

vxbjVFh.pngN9fh0QY.pngR7Aam6Y.gif

#29 11-13-2014 15:19:48

Marf
brb smoke
Moderator Veteran Creative Friendly Sempai Club Special Sailing Away
Rocks: 12,434

Website

one time our art class went on a school trip to a workshop in a local uni to learn about art studies at uni and also about colour theory and painting shit
the speaker took about 30 minutes talking just about the colour wheel, warm shades and cool shades and contrasting colours and stuff but he didn't mention anything about values or shadows, midtones, highlights etc.
before we actually started to paint he told us that it's important that we don't use the colour black for some reason i don't know, and that if we wanted the colour black then we mix colours together to create it
i know you're not really supposed to use black in an actual painting but that doesn't mean you just straight up don't mix it to get darker shades i mean come the fuck on here
as we finished he told us a bunch of stuff about studying fine art in uni, i asked him if there were any courses focused on art as a practical skill and at first he didn't seem to know what i was talking about so i had to explain what i meant then he just said "no, we don't do that"

8efnP.jpg

#30 11-13-2014 17:20:11

klinah
Super Veteran
Super Veteran Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special SND Banned Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 53,721

im really sick of school and life in general

Hot as a pistol, but cool inside!

#31 11-13-2014 18:07:32

GreyUltimatum
Veteran
Veteran Thoughtful Shitposter Sailing Away
Rocks: 50,000

Marf wrote:

one time our art class went on a school trip to a workshop in a local uni to learn about art studies at uni and also about colour theory and painting shit
the speaker took about 30 minutes talking just about the colour wheel, warm shades and cool shades and contrasting colours and stuff but he didn't mention anything about values or shadows, midtones, highlights etc.
before we actually started to paint he told us that it's important that we don't use the colour black for some reason i don't know, and that if we wanted the colour black then we mix colours together to create it
i know you're not really supposed to use black in an actual painting but that doesn't mean you just straight up don't mix it to get darker shades i mean come the fuck on here
as we finished he told us a bunch of stuff about studying fine art in uni, i asked him if there were any courses focused on art as a practical skill and at first he didn't seem to know what i was talking about so i had to explain what i meant then he just said "no, we don't do that"

was this just some random schlub or an actual professor
a schlub probably doesn't know wtf he's talking about, a professor probably does but literally has negative teaching skill

enhanced-buzz-wide-20142-1380132173-32.jpg

#32 11-13-2014 21:26:00

Marf
brb smoke

Website

GreyUltimatum wrote:
Marf wrote:

was this just some random schlub or an actual professor
a schlub probably doesn't know wtf he's talking about, a professor probably does but literally has negative teaching skill

im pretty sure he was an actual professor since he also took us on tour around the uni showing off all the stuff that they use (which honestly was pretty cool)

8efnP.jpg

#33 11-13-2014 22:55:02

GreyUltimatum
Veteran
Veteran Thoughtful Shitposter Sailing Away

yeah don't count on your professors being competent in literally anything other than their field, including communication skills
welcome to college

enhanced-buzz-wide-20142-1380132173-32.jpg

#34 11-14-2014 15:07:40

klinah
Super Veteran
Super Veteran Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special SND Banned Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 53,721

my left headphone stopped working and I am so fucking mad. now I have to blow what little money I have on a new set that will only last half a year tops. fuck everything

Last edited by klinah (11-14-2014 15:09:05)

Hot as a pistol, but cool inside!

#35 11-16-2014 03:27:26

clarkz
VIP
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Special Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away

This is the third day in a row i've had fucking potato soup

like this happens every time

"what are you making"
"potato soup"
"oh my god again?"
"no it's DIFFERENT this time"

first it was with cabbage
then it was with kale
now it's literally just potatos in water im so confused

#36 11-17-2014 05:38:34

clarkz
VIP

I really fucked up.

I forgot to save my favorite twitch spam.

#37 11-17-2014 19:14:01

tekwerk
tektwerk
VIP Rock Gatherer Loyal Sempai Club Special Sailing Away

Rocks: 360,853

klinah wrote:

my left headphone stopped working and I am so fucking mad. now I have to blow what little money I have on a new set that will only last half a year tops. fuck everything

Buy a pair with a detachable cable. Then you can just buy cables instead of buying a new pair.

jnvk4M0.gifJBLad.png
CZbbQSJW0AAXCpm.jpg

#38 11-17-2014 20:05:45

Kuurick D'Lick L'Kuumwave Lamer AKA Moja
Nausic∀∀, Lily of the Valley
Moderator Super Veteran Donator Loyal Friendly Special Sailing Away

i got -8 points for being a fucking retard on a calculus test and it could have been a 94 on a test where all the other heebos and schlumphes failed

5011_a1be.gif
tumblr_inline_n9ayqg9rZC1rcls6u.jpg

#39 11-17-2014 22:40:11

mariodude
Ming of Kemes
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Sailing Away

Cable wrote:

This is the third day in a row i've had fucking potato soup

like this happens every time

"what are you making"
"potato soup"
"oh my god again?"
"no it's DIFFERENT this time"

first it was with cabbage
then it was with kale
now it's literally just potatos in water im so confused

potato soup is terrible. just make mashed potatos or fucking hash browns idk.

o47AyLu.png

#40 11-18-2014 00:30:26

clarkz
VIP

Cable wrote:

I really fucked up.

I forgot to save my favorite twitch spam.

i found it and sent it to my sister and she told me to shut up

#41 11-19-2014 20:26:44

darkz
Poop
VIP Rock Street Wizard Loyal Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number Sailing Away

Rocks: 105,208,998

Website

So pissed off right now I'm literally shaking.........here's what happened.

Went to gamestop today to pick up Altirera Roronoa Xtrme deluxe ver.2 (this one includes bikinis for all the female assistants and a cat outfit for Reiko-chan). Anyway I had my pre-order and went to pick it up during lunch break. I had the standard edition ordered at amazon but I couldn't wait and wanted something to stare at at work. I decided to browse what else they had in stock (lol yearly sports games) when I heard a mother buying call of duty on the xbone. Can't stand annual sequels let alone dudebro of duty but I was shocked she was considering this. I had to let her know.

She said it was for her 10 year old son which I guess explains it as kids mostly play it. Anyways I politely informed her how the xbone ver. Is capped at 30fps and 720p. She didn't know what I meant so I explained how resolution and framerate effect games. I showed her the digital foundry article comparing the ps4 ver along with side by side videos. She waas still set on getting the xbone ver. Which left me mad. Here I was presenting her with PROOF of how the ps4 ver is superior but she wouldn't listen. Oh well, I don't care but let's see what her stupid son thinks when he sees that. Lol and I know GameStop offed no refunds on unsealed games lol!

Anyways. I got to the counter and there was this obnoxious worker chatting to a female worker. I already hated him since he looked like a douche and was womanising at work. He kept smiling at people which was uncomfortable to watch. I told him about my preorder of Roronoa and he said "WHAT, can u speak more loudly sir" ummm I have aspergers/add/ocd/korn so that's how I speak. I don't need no douche who's probably a high school drop out tell me now to speak. Anyway the female worker begins to prepare my game and slightly laughs when she sees it. There's a reason why I don't date 3D human girls and that's why. It's pretty pathetic how Mieko-chama from the horrible hyper Neptune has a better personality then her. And she's a 6th tier maho shoujo in that game :lol.

So the douche asks me if id like to pre-order last of us remastered. I was completely enraged. How dare he ask me to pre Oder something. I'm only here for Roronoa. If I wanted to make conversation id speak with my FRIENDS (on IRC) and this just makes me feel awkward. I twitched and mumbled no. After 10 seconds he asked if I wanted to pre order Titan fall. At this point I lost it (mentally inside) do I look like I fucking have an xbone? Why the fuck would I pay $500 for inferior hardware, inferior ports, no Japanese support and worst of all, support M$. Argghggh. Anyway I mumbled no again and after paying made a for a quick exit.

As I was leaving I bumped into a young woman. I quickly tried moving so not to be a burden but she utters "sorry?" In a condenscending voice, as if I owe her something. It was an ACCIDENT and we were both at fault. Why the fuck do I have to apologise and waste breathe. I awkwardly mumbled something and moved. At that point her douche of a bf appeared and shouted "u better walk away!"........."The last person who said that ended up in hospital" is what I should have said, but I quickly apologised and made for my office. God this country is so fucked. Counting the days till I move Asakusa (20 mins on the hibiya line from Akihabara!)

I'm sitting here now in my office reading the Roronoa manual along with the artbook and I'm still shaking. First it appears they've changed Hinata-chans age from 13 to 16......ummmmmm ok.....? Wish this was announced beforehand but whatever. This is why I never shop at GameStop as it's not the first time I've had a bad experience. but the ver.2 Xtrme edition was exclusive to them.....
    I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'm considering calling up his boss and telling him what happened today. Anyway, gotta get back to work, sorry, just had to get this off my chest. I'll post screens and leave impressions of Roronoa after work! Used my vacation time so I have the whole week off for this!

tumblr_n6tt60b7WE1qivqtjo1_400.giftumblr_mkaqmgmBKr1qi0ax6o1_400.giftumblr_nlylkkqluY1qzljvuo1_400.giftumblr_mepxs1WCKe1r0r9ie.gif EDNvA4Q.gifr6xlWvo.gif

#42 11-21-2014 22:00:44

tekwerk
tektwerk
VIP Rock Gatherer Loyal Sempai Club Special Sailing Away

Rocks: 360,853

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make the function keys perform their vendor specific laptop gimmick horseshit by default instead of, I don't know, THE ACTUAL FUNCTION OF THE FUNCTION KEYS should be fucking castrated so they can't bring any more of their braindead spawn into the world.

OSX does that, it's probably Apple's fault.

Also on the list of people who need to die: the fucker who thought it'd be a good idea to get rid of the menu key.

Last edited by tekwerk (11-21-2014 22:03:36)

jnvk4M0.gifJBLad.png
CZbbQSJW0AAXCpm.jpg

#43 11-21-2014 23:48:12

Marf
brb smoke

Website

How did no one else in class figure that the speaker in Frost's "Mending Wall" contradicted his beliefs about breaking barriers between people whilst judging the neighbour and his simple attitude on life? What?

8efnP.jpg

#44 11-22-2014 00:29:56

darkz
Poop
VIP Rock Street Wizard Loyal Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number Sailing Away

Website

Marf wrote:

How did no one else in class figure that the speaker in Frost's "Mending Wall" contradicted his beliefs about breaking barriers between people whilst judging the neighbour and his simple attitude on life? What?

because reading is Victoria's Secret Commercial

Last edited by darkz (11-22-2014 00:32:05)

tumblr_n6tt60b7WE1qivqtjo1_400.giftumblr_mkaqmgmBKr1qi0ax6o1_400.giftumblr_nlylkkqluY1qzljvuo1_400.giftumblr_mepxs1WCKe1r0r9ie.gif EDNvA4Q.gifr6xlWvo.gif

#45 11-23-2014 05:58:40

clarkz
VIP

my balls are really sweaty and they're sagging all the way to my asscrack and it's really uncomfortable

#46 11-23-2014 06:01:33

Phoenixflame
Budge for a Banget
VIP Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number Sailing Away

Rocks: 14,761

Cable wrote:

my balls are really sweaty and they're sagging all the way to my asscrack and it's really uncomfortable

Hell Yeah Mother Fucker pogchamp

VcbRNoa.pngtumblr_o9nj66j8pQ1rblazuo1_400.gif
sionofdarkness: HOW IS "I PLAYED BAD" A JOHN?
Tozzzta: "LOWER BRACKET" CALL IT WHAT IT IS ITS LOSERS BRACKET YOU PC FUCKS
CnoRRenWYAAyg7i.jpg
CnoRSu2WAAAeMU9.jpg

#47 11-26-2014 09:16:27

clarkz
VIP

either patchy or fred sent me a markiplier video and now it's on my recommended videos fuck you

#48 11-27-2014 01:59:58

Coolman
VIP
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 54,483

here's an interesting question for all you guys

if you had the chance to completely strip yourself of all your dignity and make shitty videos like markiplier/pewdiepie that take absolutely no talent or skill whatsoever and only involve the need to act like an over reactive fuckface while making a shit ton of ad money would you do it

your reputation as a serious entertainer would be forever tainted and anyone with taste would hate you.

i don't i could do it. it would be too embarrassing if my friend's/family saw it. but that money tho

PZNgyLU.gif

#49 11-27-2014 02:02:42

darkz
Poop

Website

i already do it

#50 11-27-2014 02:18:13

mariodude
Ming of Kemes

Coolman wrote:

here's an interesting question for all you guys

if you had the chance to completely strip yourself of all your dignity and make shitty videos like markiplier/pewdiepie that take absolutely no talent or skill whatsoever and only involve the need to act like an over reactive fuckface while making a shit ton of ad money would you do it

your reputation as a serious entertainer would be forever tainted and anyone with taste would hate you.

i don't i could do it. it would be too embarrassing if my friend's/family saw it. but that money tho

i'd do that and become an eternal hermit and play maplestory all day based

Cable wrote:

either patchy or fred sent me a markiplier video and now it's on my recommended videos fuck you

press the little dots by the recommendation and press "i'm not interested"

o47AyLu.png

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.030 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.35 MiB (Peak: 1.66 MiB) ]