EYYY PTOWN!

Rock Hard Quarry

Rebirth, Relieve, Respawn

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Mail service is now fully working and it now does TLS Standard Encryption. So it should no longer send mails to the spam or fail to send.

Hey guest, why not log in Rock Hard Quarry and take the advantage to post here.
You can't take advantage of that staying as a guest! Login Now!

#1 09-09-2013 21:48:30

Holly?
super ball dunkin ass nigga
Super Contributor Donator Thoughtful Sempai Club Sailing Away
Rocks: 50,000

mgmt (album)

so, the new mgmt album is streaming (and leaked if you arent opposed to that)
mgmt is a cool band that has some ok popular songs and some really awesome ones that no one really pays any attention to cause theyre stupid
this new album is supposed to have REM and aphex twin influences on it

my thoughts

it reminded me a lot of the way i felt when i listened to the most recent animal collective album for the first time. i felt that it was pretty front loaded and the front ranged from really good to really bad (YLIAL). the second half is where the AFX influences come in and theyre really kind of superficial influences. this second half didnt really hold my attention well, but im going to give it a couple more chances before i write it off as shit. on the whole, i'm kind of disappointed cause i really liked their 2nd album "congratulations", and i figured it'd be similar to that in sound. this album is kind of all over the place. i would probably give it a 6 to a 7.

your thoughts?
i would post a link to a dl or a stream, but idk about the legality of a dl, and if you really want to stream it, it's on rdio

c6ed4562b0.gif

#2 09-10-2013 21:37:48

Holly?

Re: mgmt (album)

figured more people gave a shit about this but i guess not

c6ed4562b0.gif

#3 09-11-2013 02:03:09

Chou
The Digital Devil
Administrator Fanatic Rock Street Wizard Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Cutie Sempai Club Special SND Banned Shitposter Admin Abused Prime Number Active Sailing Away Newbie
Rocks: 5,566,011

I've been listening to it and I feel the same way as you do. Considering where I work, there's a good chance we'll eventually get this album sent to us, so I'll hopefully get the chance to rip some of it.

qPxufOr.png

#4 09-11-2013 17:29:24

Coolman
VIP
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 54,483

Chou wrote:

I've been listening to it and I feel the same way as you do. Considering where I work, there's a good chance we'll eventually get this album sent to us, so I'll hopefully get the chance to rip some of it.

called the cops

PZNgyLU.gif

#5 09-11-2013 21:35:25

Chou
The Digital Devil
Administrator Fanatic Rock Street Wizard Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Cutie Sempai Club Special SND Banned Shitposter Admin Abused Prime Number Active Sailing Away Newbie

Coolman wrote:
Chou wrote:

called the cops

there's a good chance we'll eventually get this album sent to us

How our radio station operates. Screw doing entire specialty shows off CDs, it's more of a hassle than you think.

qPxufOr.png

#6 09-12-2013 07:33:48

you work at a radio station...? how's that

also, haven't cared about mgmt in a long time :(, used to like congratulations around the time it came out. still enjoy oracular a little i suppose

You're still nothing to me
And this is nothing to me
And you don't know what you've done
But I'll give you a clue

#7 09-12-2013 12:18:39

Chou
The Digital Devil

SisterConcubine wrote:

also, haven't cared about mgmt in a long time :(, used to like congratulations around the time it came out. still enjoy oracular a little i suppose

Long story short, I got sucked into the broadcasting/communications program at my local college, and it just so happens that I fucking loved being on the radio more than writing for the newspaper or being a TV person. Worked up there for the summer to make some good college money, and now I'm full-time staff.

91.1 FM "The Globe"

While we may or may not play music to everyone's tastes (We're technically "Americana", so that can include some country and poop, but we still have stuff like MGMT, Radiohead, ect.), we're a fairly recognized radio station by award standards.

qPxufOr.png

#8 09-13-2013 00:29:27

GabeMihal
User
Sailing Away

its pretty good.

i think its my fav by them

#9 09-13-2013 00:42:01

Holly?

Chou wrote:
SisterConcubine wrote:

Long story short, I got sucked into the broadcasting/communications program at my local college, and it just so happens that I fucking loved being on the radio more than writing for the newspaper or being a TV person. Worked up there for the summer to make some good college money, and now I'm full-time staff.

91.1 FM "The Globe"

While we may or may not play music to everyone's tastes (We're technically "Americana", so that can include some country and poop, but we still have stuff like MGMT, Radiohead, ect.), we're a fairly recognized radio station by award standards.

jealous

c6ed4562b0.gif

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.013 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.11 MiB (Peak: 1.25 MiB) ]