"I blame Rocks for exposing me to this!"

Rock Hard Quarry

Rebirth, Relieve, Respawn

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Mail service is now fully working and it now does TLS Standard Encryption. So it should no longer send mails to the spam or fail to send.

Hey guest, why not log in Rock Hard Quarry and take the advantage to post here.
You can't take advantage of that staying as a guest! Login Now!

#1 03-06-2014 04:27:37

Rater
Glub Glub Master
Contributor Rock Richie Donator Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 3,324,793

Website

Anyone Security+ Certified? Taking my test this month.

Just curious because basically every forum I've ever gone to somehow got populated by IT nerds. I'm pretty confident I'll pass, but I'm interested in others experiences and advice maybe.

I'll post my story and thoughts on it. Most of it's pretty easy. Hardest part is remember all of the cryptography details.

#2 03-07-2014 03:56:01

tekwerk
tektwerk
VIP Rock Gatherer Loyal Sempai Club Special Sailing Away

Rocks: 360,853

Re: Anyone Security+ Certified? Taking my test this month.

Took the course but haven't taken the test.

God I'd be so fucking rusty on everything though. I've got my best practice and whatnot down but I'd probably bomb it on the more nasty aspects. I need to get my A+ and Network+ first though.

Jesus, I'd be even worse with Network+. I hardly remember my routing and looping protocols.

jnvk4M0.gifJBLad.png
CZbbQSJW0AAXCpm.jpg

#3 05-23-2014 02:13:49

tekwerk
tektwerk

Did yoose take it yet?

Took my A+. Was really fucking worried but I passed.

Fucking dicks wouldn't let me use /? on the command prompt commands though. I've never even fucking used nbtstat, so of course I wouldn't know the damned switches. I probably should've. In fact it'd probably be pretty neat to pull shit off of random computers on the network through the cli.

That's my advice though. They give you sim questions, sometimes with the cli. You damned well better know your commands in and out because they'll throw you under the bus without so much as a /? or a -help or whatnot.

Last edited by tekwerk (05-23-2014 02:17:17)

jnvk4M0.gifJBLad.png
CZbbQSJW0AAXCpm.jpg

#4 05-23-2014 05:09:17

Rater
Glub Glub Master
Contributor Rock Richie Donator Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 3,324,793

Website

I don't remember A+ being so heavily intimate with Windows 7 configurations, but if that's the case, well shit.

Security+ is literally 75% of what Network covers, there's a very small amount of Network+ that is unique to itself. So I'll be taking that test soon as well.

#5 07-25-2014 21:57:20

tekwerk
tektwerk

Rater wrote:

I don't remember A+ being so heavily intimate with Windows 7 configurations, but if that's the case, well shit.

Security+ is literally 75% of what Network covers, there's a very small amount of Network+ that is unique to itself. So I'll be taking that test soon as well.

Yeah, I remember in the IT technical class I took for half the day in high school last year a bunch of people took the Sec+ exam and passed. My teacher counted a CompTIA cert as a 100% for the final so a lot of people ended up taking cert exams. He recommended the Sec+ one because of the success rate the class was having.

jnvk4M0.gifJBLad.png
CZbbQSJW0AAXCpm.jpg

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.007 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 1013.4 KiB (Peak: 1.08 MiB) ]