You don't even have to come!

Rock Hard Quarry

Rebirth, Relieve, Respawn

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Mail service is now fully working and it now does TLS Standard Encryption. So it should no longer send mails to the spam or fail to send.

Hey guest, why not log in Rock Hard Quarry and take the advantage to post here.
You can't take advantage of that staying as a guest! Login Now!

#1 09-02-2013 02:04:20

noli
Sledgehammer
Super Veteran Donator Friendly Special Sailing Away
Registered: 08-24-2013
Posts: 579
Rocks: 50,082

Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Yeah you know what to do.

For me, I don't care. I will never marry. So long as the federal government doesn't make a ruling, it's all good by me.

For those non-Americans:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_m … in_the_USA
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariage_ho … 9tats-Unis
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrimonio … dos_Unidos

Last edited by Nex (09-02-2013 02:07:50)


1987HMwh.jpg

Offline

#2 09-02-2013 02:05:35

RainRain
Lovely
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Prime Number Sailing Away
     
Registered: 08-25-2013
Posts: 993
Rocks: 10,191,465

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

i'd hope nobody on rhq actually takes a standpoint to refuse lgbtqq marriage


steam.php?id=RainRain&pngimg=shiny&tborder=0
Aliases include: Archiplex/Persona/RainRain/Busaiko
Skype: rainingrainers
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RainRain/

Offline

#3 09-02-2013 03:30:36

burm
Veteran
Veteran Sailing Away
Registered: 08-20-2013
Posts: 325
Rocks: 4,356

Website

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

it's legal up here in washington, so i guess there's nothing wrong with that
then again i don't really care either
people can marry whatever they want, and no one can tell people what and what not to marry

Last edited by burm (09-02-2013 03:31:20)


Offline

#4 09-02-2013 03:36:10

Dr. Red
User
Sailing Away
From: New Jersey
Registered: 08-17-2013
Posts: 36
Rocks: 50,000

Website

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

I think the only people who care are the people from the baby boom and Al Sharpton


Passionate gamer seeking new and lucrative ways of acquiring street cred

Offline

#5 09-02-2013 03:55:01

Coolman
VIP
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number
Registered: 08-21-2013
Posts: 1,098
Rocks: 54,483

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

lol i doubt anyone on rhq gives a shit about gay people marrying each other

there is no debate to be had here.

it's like making a "do video games cause violence" thread in facepunch


PZNgyLU.gif

Offline

#6 09-02-2013 03:59:57

noli
Sledgehammer
Super Veteran Donator Friendly Special Sailing Away
Registered: 08-24-2013
Posts: 579
Rocks: 50,082

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Coolman wrote:

lol i doubt anyone on rhq gives a shit about gay people marrying each other

there is no debate to be had here.

it's like making a "do video games cause violence" thread in facepunch

I'm weeding out the contrarians.


1987HMwh.jpg

Offline

#7 09-02-2013 04:06:09

RainRain
Lovely
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Prime Number Sailing Away
     
Registered: 08-25-2013
Posts: 993
Rocks: 10,191,465

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Coolman wrote:

lol i doubt anyone on rhq gives a shit about gay people marrying each other

there is no debate to be had here.

it's like making a "do video games cause violence" thread in facepunch

this basically


steam.php?id=RainRain&pngimg=shiny&tborder=0
Aliases include: Archiplex/Persona/RainRain/Busaiko
Skype: rainingrainers
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RainRain/

Offline

#8 09-07-2013 02:39:16

Pretender
Contributor
Contributor Sailing Away
Registered: 08-25-2013
Posts: 61
Rocks: 50,000

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

I can actually shed some light on the reality of homosexuals and this kind of debate and how anyone who would take the stance to allow this enables the degeneracy and depravity of human beings.

But if they're normal people then nobody fucking cares.
Usually they aren't.
Bracing for a warning.

Last edited by Pretender (09-07-2013 02:40:12)


MI27Li5.png 4lhMT.jpg

Offline

#9 09-07-2013 02:40:11

noli
Sledgehammer
Super Veteran Donator Friendly Special Sailing Away
Registered: 08-24-2013
Posts: 579
Rocks: 50,082

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Pretender wrote:

I can actually shed some light

Do.


1987HMwh.jpg

Offline

#10 09-07-2013 02:42:57

Holly?
super ball dunkin ass nigga
Super Contributor Donator Thoughtful Sempai Club Sailing Away
Registered: 09-02-2013
Posts: 153
Rocks: 50,000

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

only (relatively) valid argument that no one who opposes gay marriage ever actually brings up

Show Spoiler

paying tax benefits to more couples


c6ed4562b0.gif

Offline

#11 09-07-2013 02:44:10

noli
Sledgehammer
Super Veteran Donator Friendly Special Sailing Away
Registered: 08-24-2013
Posts: 579
Rocks: 50,082

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Viridian Genesis wrote:

only (relatively) valid argument that no one who opposes gay marriage ever actually brings up

Show Spoiler

paying tax benefits to more couples

Couples shouldn't get tax benefits at all. Ever. Being married should not have anything to do with how much you pay the government.


1987HMwh.jpg

Offline

#12 09-07-2013 02:57:47

Pretender
Contributor
Contributor Sailing Away
Registered: 08-25-2013
Posts: 61
Rocks: 50,000

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

The reasons people would be against this is an absolute variety of reasons, it is not just Christian radicalism which some people here would actually foolishly think is the only reason.

Spiritual aspects of many people prohibit this kind of thing, and allowing it and tainting the word of "Marriage" to their faith.
To some people their faith is all they have, is all they want, is all they need. To argue this is futile, this is who they are and what they want, and trying to sway a decision on such a matter would be as useful as pissing in the wind, and vice versa.
To them, it's an abomination.

To others who are against it, there is a more clear reason.
Enabling same sex marriage, being supportive of the 'identity' of gays in the world and trying to actively promote them and inject a poisonous ideology that they are better or deserve more or anything along such lines due to their sexual fetish is an abomination of another kind. "Homosexual culture" or "Lifestyle" is seen by me as the ultimate form of sexual and mental depravity.
To revolve a life, an identity, an entire being and to cast everything else away is the ultimate form of escape from worldly duty, responsibility and one's obligations as a human being.
It is the ultimate form of depravity and submission. Submission to nothing more than physical impulse.

It's what many faiths taught against, despite your faith in god whether you be athiest and thiest or what ever you want to fucking call yourself, there is a reason that things are they way they are in so many faiths and worship. People back then were not dim, were not stupid. The 7 deadly sins are more than just what Yahweh will get mad at, avoiding those sins leads to a richer life, happier being, more joy.

I've seen it happen to me until I took a step back and was 'enlightened' if that's the word for it. I watched myself slowly sink into a pile of festering and sickening shit.
After much contemplation and great work I've come to some conclusions.

When one can over come their physical desire and look to the emotional aspect of it all, they deserve what they want. But in the case of many gays, of many I have met and spoke to, there is no joy or thought
but there is a lot of sadness, confusion, wickedness and weakness of the mind, body and soul.

But in the end, this is my moral standpoint VERY LOOSELY AND POORLY EXPLAINED and I will probably expand upon it and go further with it.
These things have no weight in a modern 'democratic' choice of law making.
But then again, neither should many things that do.

This is a personal and moral standpoint and not the reality of the case though.
I just heavily look down upon it.

Show Spoiler

im preparing for my ban for anti-gay hate speech as we speak. prolly should have read the rules.


MI27Li5.png 4lhMT.jpg

Offline

#13 09-07-2013 03:14:56

Holly?
super ball dunkin ass nigga
Super Contributor Donator Thoughtful Sempai Club Sailing Away
Registered: 09-02-2013
Posts: 153
Rocks: 50,000

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Pretender wrote:

The reasons people would be against this is an absolute variety of reasons, it is not just Christian radicalism which some people here would actually foolishly think is the only reason.

Spiritual aspects of many people prohibit this kind of thing, and allowing it and tainting the word of "Marriage" to their faith.
To some people their faith is all they have, is all they want, is all they need. To argue this is futile, this is who they are and what they want, and trying to sway a decision on such a matter would be as useful as pissing in the wind, and vice versa.
To them, it's an abomination.

To others who are against it, there is a more clear reason.
Enabling same sex marriage, being supportive of the 'identity' of gays in the world and trying to actively promote them and inject a poisonous ideology that they are better or deserve more or anything along such lines due to their sexual fetish is an abomination of another kind. "Homosexual culture" or "Lifestyle" is seen by me as the ultimate form of sexual and mental depravity.
To revolve a life, an identity, an entire being and to cast everything else away is the ultimate form of escape from worldly duty, responsibility and one's obligations as a human being.
It is the ultimate form of depravity and submission. Submission to nothing more than physical impulse.

It's what many faiths taught against, despite your faith in god whether you be athiest and thiest or what ever you want to fucking call yourself, there is a reason that things are they way they are in so many faiths and worship. People back then were not dim, were not stupid. The 7 deadly sins are more than just what Yahweh will get mad at, avoiding those sins leads to a richer life, happier being, more joy.

I've seen it happen to me until I took a step back and was 'enlightened' if that's the word for it. I watched myself slowly sink into a pile of festering and sickening shit.
After much contemplation and great work I've come to some conclusions.

When one can over come their physical desire and look to the emotional aspect of it all, they deserve what they want. But in the case of many gays, of many I have met and spoke to, there is no joy or thought
but there is a lot of sadness, confusion, wickedness and weakness of the mind, body and soul.

But in the end, this is my moral standpoint VERY LOOSELY AND POORLY EXPLAINED and I will probably expand upon it and go further with it.
These things have no weight in a modern 'democratic' choice of law making.
But then again, neither should many things that do.

This is a personal and moral standpoint and not the reality of the case though.
I just heavily look down upon it.

Show Spoiler

im preparing for my ban for anti-Victoria's Secret Commercial hate speech as we speak. prolly should have read the rules.

you basically said it wasnt christian radicalism and then started going into a bunch of generally religious radicalism and then you said that because most of the gays that you met are depressed people, that all gays must be depressed and sad people. what the fuck? did you ever stop to wonder why they might be depressed? could it maybe the everlooming possibility of facing discrimination for a mindset they legitimately believe? its like this

Spiritual aspects of many people prohibit this kind of thing, and allowing it and tainting the word of "Marriage" to their faith.
To some people their faith is all they have, is all they want, is all they need. To argue this is futile, this is who they are and what they want, and trying to sway a decision on such a matter would be as useful as pissing in the wind, and vice versa.

this is a legitimate feeling of theirs, if it wasn't then there would be no conflict here

im depressed and straight, and at times i think im depressed because i'm straight. the reality of the situation is that i've just had really shitty luck. i'm straight, i'm attracted to women and that's just how it is. so, a guy may like another guy, and there are a few reasons they could be depressed because of that, but none of them are going to be a direct result of that.
if we want to refuse a sexuality because it carries depressed people, we might as well ban sexuality in general

submitting to physical impulse doesnt make you depraved, it makes you fucking human


having an argument to a belief is perfectly fine but its probably not in your best interest to refer to gays as "fags"

Last edited by Viridian Genesis (09-07-2013 03:17:41)


c6ed4562b0.gif

Offline

#14 09-07-2013 03:20:50

noli
Sledgehammer
Super Veteran Donator Friendly Special Sailing Away
Registered: 08-24-2013
Posts: 579
Rocks: 50,082

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Viridian Genesis wrote:
Pretender wrote:

The reasons people would be against this is an absolute variety of reasons, it is not just Christian radicalism which some people here would actually foolishly think is the only reason.

Spiritual aspects of many people prohibit this kind of thing, and allowing it and tainting the word of "Marriage" to their faith.
To some people their faith is all they have, is all they want, is all they need. To argue this is futile, this is who they are and what they want, and trying to sway a decision on such a matter would be as useful as pissing in the wind, and vice versa.
To them, it's an abomination.

To others who are against it, there is a more clear reason.
Enabling same sex marriage, being supportive of the 'identity' of gays in the world and trying to actively promote them and inject a poisonous ideology that they are better or deserve more or anything along such lines due to their sexual fetish is an abomination of another kind. "Homosexual culture" or "Lifestyle" is seen by me as the ultimate form of sexual and mental depravity.
To revolve a life, an identity, an entire being and to cast everything else away is the ultimate form of escape from worldly duty, responsibility and one's obligations as a human being.
It is the ultimate form of depravity and submission. Submission to nothing more than physical impulse.

It's what many faiths taught against, despite your faith in god whether you be athiest and thiest or what ever you want to fucking call yourself, there is a reason that things are they way they are in so many faiths and worship. People back then were not dim, were not stupid. The 7 deadly sins are more than just what Yahweh will get mad at, avoiding those sins leads to a richer life, happier being, more joy.

I've seen it happen to me until I took a step back and was 'enlightened' if that's the word for it. I watched myself slowly sink into a pile of festering and sickening shit.
After much contemplation and great work I've come to some conclusions.

When one can over come their physical desire and look to the emotional aspect of it all, they deserve what they want. But in the case of many gays, of many I have met and spoke to, there is no joy or thought
but there is a lot of sadness, confusion, wickedness and weakness of the mind, body and soul.

But in the end, this is my moral standpoint VERY LOOSELY AND POORLY EXPLAINED and I will probably expand upon it and go further with it.
These things have no weight in a modern 'democratic' choice of law making.
But then again, neither should many things that do.

This is a personal and moral standpoint and not the reality of the case though.
I just heavily look down upon it.

Show Spoiler

im preparing for my ban for anti-Victoria's Secret Commercial hate speech as we speak. prolly should have read the rules.

you basically said it wasnt christian radicalism and then started going into a bunch of generally religious radicalism and then you said that because most of the gays that you met are depressed people, that all gays must be depressed and sad people. what the fuck? did you ever stop to wonder why they might be depressed? could it maybe the everlooming possibility of facing discrimination for a mindset they legitimately believe? its like this

Spiritual aspects of many people prohibit this kind of thing, and allowing it and tainting the word of "Marriage" to their faith.
To some people their faith is all they have, is all they want, is all they need. To argue this is futile, this is who they are and what they want, and trying to sway a decision on such a matter would be as useful as pissing in the wind, and vice versa.

this is a legitimate feeling of theirs, if it wasn't then there would be no conflict here

im depressed and straight, and at times i think im depressed because i'm straight. the reality of the situation is that i've just had really shitty luck. i'm straight, i'm attracted to women and that's just how it is. so, a guy may like another guy, and there are a few reasons they could be depressed because of that, but none of them are going to be a direct result of that.
if we want to refuse a sexuality because it carries depressed people, we might as well ban sexuality in general

submitting to physical impulse doesnt make you depraved, it makes you fucking human

You said this better than I ever could have.


1987HMwh.jpg

Offline

#15 09-07-2013 03:35:47

Pretender
Contributor
Contributor Sailing Away
Registered: 08-25-2013
Posts: 61
Rocks: 50,000

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

Viridian Genesis wrote:
Pretender wrote:

The reasons people would be against this is an absolute variety of reasons, it is not just Christian radicalism which some people here would actually foolishly think is the only reason.

Spiritual aspects of many people prohibit this kind of thing, and allowing it and tainting the word of "Marriage" to their faith.
To some people their faith is all they have, is all they want, is all they need. To argue this is futile, this is who they are and what they want, and trying to sway a decision on such a matter would be as useful as pissing in the wind, and vice versa.
To them, it's an abomination.

To others who are against it, there is a more clear reason.
Enabling same sex marriage, being supportive of the 'identity' of gays in the world and trying to actively promote them and inject a poisonous ideology that they are better or deserve more or anything along such lines due to their sexual fetish is an abomination of another kind. "Homosexual culture" or "Lifestyle" is seen by me as the ultimate form of sexual and mental depravity.
To revolve a life, an identity, an entire being and to cast everything else away is the ultimate form of escape from worldly duty, responsibility and one's obligations as a human being.
It is the ultimate form of depravity and submission. Submission to nothing more than physical impulse.

It's what many faiths taught against, despite your faith in god whether you be athiest and thiest or what ever you want to fucking call yourself, there is a reason that things are they way they are in so many faiths and worship. People back then were not dim, were not stupid. The 7 deadly sins are more than just what Yahweh will get mad at, avoiding those sins leads to a richer life, happier being, more joy.

I've seen it happen to me until I took a step back and was 'enlightened' if that's the word for it. I watched myself slowly sink into a pile of festering and sickening shit.
After much contemplation and great work I've come to some conclusions.

When one can over come their physical desire and look to the emotional aspect of it all, they deserve what they want. But in the case of many gays, of many I have met and spoke to, there is no joy or thought
but there is a lot of sadness, confusion, wickedness and weakness of the mind, body and soul.

But in the end, this is my moral standpoint VERY LOOSELY AND POORLY EXPLAINED and I will probably expand upon it and go further with it.
These things have no weight in a modern 'democratic' choice of law making.
But then again, neither should many things that do.

This is a personal and moral standpoint and not the reality of the case though.
I just heavily look down upon it.

Show Spoiler

im preparing for my ban for anti-Victoria's Secret Commercial hate speech as we speak. prolly should have read the rules.

you basically said it wasnt christian radicalism and then started going into a bunch of generally religious radicalism and then you said that because most of the gays that you met are depressed people, that all gays must be depressed and sad people. what the fuck? did you ever stop to wonder why they might be depressed? could it maybe the everlooming possibility of facing discrimination for a mindset they legitimately believe? its like this

Spiritual aspects of many people prohibit this kind of thing, and allowing it and tainting the word of "Marriage" to their faith.
To some people their faith is all they have, is all they want, is all they need. To argue this is futile, this is who they are and what they want, and trying to sway a decision on such a matter would be as useful as pissing in the wind, and vice versa.

this is a legitimate feeling of theirs, if it wasn't then there would be no conflict here

im depressed and straight, and at times i think im depressed because i'm straight. the reality of the situation is that i've just had really shitty luck. i'm straight, i'm attracted to women and that's just how it is. so, a guy may like another guy, and there are a few reasons they could be depressed because of that, but none of them are going to be a direct result of that.
if we want to refuse a sexuality because it carries depressed people, we might as well ban sexuality in general

submitting to physical impulse doesnt make you depraved, it makes you fucking human


having an argument to a belief is perfectly fine but its probably not in your best interest to refer to gays as "asmodeus"

We all hold things in different values and shed light on different parts of different situations in different ways. I can not properly convey what I am trying to say to you with words, and I never brought my personal faith into this. It's very difficult for me. But in the end, everything, everyone, and every situation is different. You are just as right as I am.

And I did say a large part of it was christian radicalism. Every gay I meet that is depressed says it has nothing to do with regards to his sexuality, but I've met some hard headed ones.
I never said all gays are depressed and sad, not at all. Just many, and many more are confused as well.

I just see chaos in this whole ordeal.

Also this word filter is fucking annoying.


MI27Li5.png 4lhMT.jpg

Offline

#16 09-07-2013 04:19:06

Coolman
VIP
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Prime Number
Registered: 08-21-2013
Posts: 1,098
Rocks: 54,483

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

canadian here.

g@y marriage is legal here.

nothing negative has happened because of it. on either sides.

your argument just seems to be "i dont like it so no one else should and i know what's best because i've met g@y people in life who are depressed so that means that there must be a correlation between the two."

chances are those g@y people are depressed because they're in a society that doesn't accept them and refer their sexuality as a fetish


PZNgyLU.gif

Offline

#17 09-07-2013 12:36:36

Pretender
Contributor
Contributor Sailing Away
Registered: 08-25-2013
Posts: 61
Rocks: 50,000

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

u have convinced me even tho i never said they shouldn't get married
i just put my personal imput in on why some people would be against it and why i might see it differently

fudgepackers can do what they will, they are still people

who wants to get married?


MI27Li5.png 4lhMT.jpg

Offline

#18 01-07-2014 19:35:52

Criss
Contributor
Contributor Sailing Away
From: canadia
Registered: 01-06-2014
Posts: 56
Rocks: 50,000

Re: Obligatory Same-Sex Marriage Debate Thread

No country/state that has legalized same-sex marriage has ever experiences any negative effects, other than bigot protests/religious backlash.

On an actual social, economic level it's always been a positive change.


Offline

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.019 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.26 MiB (Peak: 1.51 MiB) ]