Fridey Nights

Rock Hard Quarry

Rebirth, Relieve, Respawn

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Mail service is now fully working and it now does TLS Standard Encryption. So it should no longer send mails to the spam or fail to send.

Hey guest, why not log in Rock Hard Quarry and take the advantage to post here.
You can't take advantage of that staying as a guest! Login Now!

#1 02-10-2014 11:30:09

RHQ Mafia

rUAaDkB.png

Hi, and welcome to my (hopefully successful) arrangement of RHQ Mafia!

So, what the fuck is mafia?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A batch of people here should remember it but if you don't, it's basically an entirely text-based community game of wits, judgment, and maybe fucking with
people. Your objective of the game depends on the very role you are... your objective as a mafia member is to basically kill off the town until you are the
majority, and if you are town your objective is to rid the town of the mafia currently residing in it. but however, you do not know who is and isn't mafia if you are
town. Using judgment, your own rules of trust and evaluation, you and other town members must effectively find out and convict the mafia without dying. you
can very well assist on this objective depending on your role.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Learning the game
Once we get enough people signed up the game will start, and I will start handing out everyone their roles via PM. it will contain what role you have been given,
your affiliation (whether you are town, mafia, or a neutral role), goal, and maybe some other things. from this point on, there are two game-phases. Day, and
Night. During the Day gamephase, everyone will be able to vote to convict absolutely anyone. Who gets what role will be completely randomized.
If a player gets over 50% votes by the time of day ends, they will be killed and I will publically announce their role and who voted. People will be voting by typing in
>vote (user) in this specific text color. also remember to >unvote whenever you want to change your vote over.

During the Night gamephase, players can perform actions in the night depending on their role... the mafia are out killing around this time, and core town roles are
using their abilities. Aside from the game fundamentals a lot of it is going to consist of debating and talking and reporting on what happened to you in the night.
conversation is going to take a few game cycles to get stirred up and it might start off a bit slow but eventually things will get interesting.

if you have any further questions about the game go ahead and ask in the thread. most of the advanced parts of the game are generally just judgement, logic,
detecting fallacy, and just what goes on in your head. Right now i'm not very sure what roles i'm going to be using but it's going to be the classic roles, MAYBE some
neutral roles, + a couple more to make things a bit more interesting. Gamephases and their durations will be announced as the game follows along.

also, Last Will is basically a message that is displayed to everyone on death. it can be anything you want, something stupid, humorous, vital to winning,
your course of actions across the game, etc. you name it. You can change it at any time by just PMing me with the Subject title "Last Will" as long as the game is in
progress and you are alive. If you are dead, you can't really interact in the actual game from this point on. I heavily disencourage posting dumb stuff in the thread
and talking about the game once you're dead, but nothing's stopping you I guess (unless a mod wants to advocate against this)

this is a pretty good reference guide: http://www.princeton.edu/~sucharit/~maf … /rules.htm if you want to read more.
this guide is mostly used with a deck of cards and real life interaction but the game rules still mostly apply, so don't worry too much about it. This is also my
first time playing as a gamemaster and I might be forgetting some minor and (hopefully not) major fundamentals in describing this, but it sounds pretty accurate
so far. the game can take place very passively across any course of time, and day and night length will not be literal to real time. once again, they begin and end
as I schedule.

Signed up players:
1. RainRain
2. Mariodude
3. Klinah
4. Marf

I hope to be getting 12 players minimum, and if we can get about 3 more above that (15) listed I will also toss in neutral roles as well. ratio of mafia members
will be 1 mafia for every 3 town. (3 mafia, 9 town with a full game.)

Pool of Roles

(TBA maybe or maybe not)

Last edited by SisterConcubine (02-21-2014 02:20:11)

You're still nothing to me
And this is nothing to me
And you don't know what you've done
But I'll give you a clue

#2 02-10-2014 14:34:57

RainRain
Lovely
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Prime Number Sailing Away

Rocks: 10,191,465

Re: RHQ Mafia

Count me in.

steam.php?id=RainRain&pngimg=shiny&tborder=0
Aliases include: Archiplex/Persona/RainRain/Busaiko
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RainRain/

#3 02-11-2014 01:09:27

clarkz
VIP
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Special Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 13,896,964

it won't work.

Ordinarily I would say it would but this takes forever and RHQ drops shit faster than a fat kid drops a stick of celery

and mafia on forums usually takes forever and it's not all that fun despite being fulfilling

sure you can get maybe 5 or 6 but that's not enough for mafia

might as well play epicmafia

vxbjVFh.pngN9fh0QY.pngR7Aam6Y.gif

#4 02-11-2014 01:12:34

RainRain
Lovely
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Prime Number Sailing Away

Rocks: 10,191,465

I remember sonny's mafia game going pretty well on original RHQ.

steam.php?id=RainRain&pngimg=shiny&tborder=0
Aliases include: Archiplex/Persona/RainRain/Busaiko
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RainRain/

#5 02-11-2014 01:14:05

clarkz
VIP
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Special Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 13,896,964

are you expecting this rhq to start taking anything seriously

vxbjVFh.pngN9fh0QY.pngR7Aam6Y.gif

#6 02-11-2014 01:19:06

"no pain in trying" was the general attitude I had when starting this.

You're still nothing to me
And this is nothing to me
And you don't know what you've done
But I'll give you a clue

#7 02-12-2014 02:11:29

klinah
Super Veteran
Super Veteran Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special SND Banned Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 53,721

im in

do i get to say 'nyah, see?' like in my cartoons

Last edited by klinah (02-12-2014 02:13:49)

Hot as a pistol, but cool inside!

#8 02-17-2014 04:25:55

Shizeni
Super Contributor
Super Contributor Reporter Sempai Club SND Banned Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 129,596

why not just make a room of epic mafia and play it on there

#9 02-21-2014 00:21:49

mariodude
Ming of Kemes
VIP Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special Sailing Away

Rocks: 51,662

im in

EBxF7AX.pngTUODfW5.png1LAL4ta.pngEAwmdRn.pngCofUHWZ.gifajZhls8.gif
o47AyLu.png
donkeykong waifu Overmind_Ani.gif

#10 02-21-2014 00:31:19

Marf
brb smoke
Moderator Veteran Creative Friendly Sempai Club Special Sailing Away
Rocks: 12,434

Website

ill play

8efnP.jpg

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.015 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.07 MiB (Peak: 1.22 MiB) ]