get rhq gold today!

Rock Hard Quarry

Rebirth, Relieve, Respawn

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Mail service is now fully working and it now does TLS Standard Encryption. So it should no longer send mails to the spam or fail to send.

Hey guest, why not log in Rock Hard Quarry and take the advantage to post here.
You can't take advantage of that staying as a guest! Login Now!

#26 02-21-2014 00:55:13

klinah
Super Veteran
Super Veteran Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special SND Banned Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 53,721

Re: The Fall of Alstand

i'll do an app later
Hellen gazed upwards at the tall and handsome buildings in the pretentious retail of Alstand’s richest quarter. The stores on this street alone took in and spent more money than all four of the surrounding neighborhoods combined. The buildings on either side formed two solid gray walls of stone with jutting ledges and heavy doorways mated along with the gleam of display windows and brass fittings. All of the streetlamps were still candlelit instead of electric, this tried and succeeded in letting the street retain its 19th century zenith. The pedestrians passing her wore expensive suitcoats and dresses, the cost of which could be used to clothe twelve instead of one individual.

Hellen walked straight into one of these well off pedestrians. The pedestrian was a middle aged man who wore a tweed three piece suit, bowler’s hat and a moustache. The man did not weigh more than he should, but he was still big enough to send Hellen straight onto the ground. This scuffed the seat of Hellen’s army dress uniform.

“You ought to look at where you’re going, you hear?” The man took her hand and easily hauled her back to her feet. “Good lord, look at you! You’re thin as a rail, don’t they give you enough to eat?"

Hellen apologized and told the man that yes sir, they give us enough to eat each day.

The man looked at the arrangement of buttons and epaulettes and pockets on her coat, noted the lack of any decorations, and realized that he did not remember this design. “They’ve certainly changed the uniforms since I served!”

Hellen nodded

“Truth be told we never had to worry much about uniform inspection like you would. There was a lot of that for the first month or two of my four years before the war broke out, and every time our sergeant looked me down he’d mark me off for this one little ribbon every single time. And oh, I tried my hardest to get it to regulation, but it was always just a tad off center!”

The man continued to tell her about his time spent in the army, and she told him how her time was going, although she fabricated most of it since her duties weren’t to be talked about.

“You’re lucky to serve in peacetime, missy. I remember when they rotated me and my mates to the front line once in May. We’d gone up to the line quite a few times and after awhile you could tell exactly what type of artillery was being fired and if it was ours or theirs. But this time the enemy was lobbing some sort of shell that moved fast enough to be silent. The first ones hit us and there was no warning and we lost over half our unit. I got out unscathed but most of us came back on stretchers, and carrying a wounded man through the communication trenches takes eight more at times. The ones who remained got immediate leave at one of the recreation areas, and it was a fine time considering they just received new supplies and had a music troop to play for us as well. But I’d certainly have preferred to never have gone to war in the first place!”

She told him made up stories about being in logistics, which were half true since she had been in that branch for just over a month. She enjoyed hearing the man’s stories as the both stood still on the sidewalk. And then they parted ways.

You do realize that he only talked to listen to himself, correct? That entire conversation was just him telling stories about the damned war a decade earlier. I’m surprised he even let you get a word in.

“You shouldn’t say something so rude, you know? I enjoyed talking to that man, and most people wouldn’t have even helped me up.” The people walking past her picked up individual words as she spoke to no one.

Anyone who came back from that wants to hear themselves repeat their little stories, Hellen. Your grandfather was in that quick little skirmish in the 1870’s and every time you saw him he told you about capturing that railroad station. And I swear if you ever turn out like him or that man you talked to I’ll make life the worst for you. People will stare if you keep talking to yourself, so shut up.

Hellen obeyed and shut up.

Last edited by klinah (02-21-2014 05:00:03)

Hot as a pistol, but cool inside!

#27 02-21-2014 04:55:49

klinah
Super Veteran
Super Veteran Thoughtful Loyal Creative Friendly Reporter Sempai Club Special SND Banned Shitposter Prime Number Sailing Away
Rocks: 53,721

delete

Last edited by klinah (02-21-2014 04:57:12)

Hot as a pistol, but cool inside!

#28 02-24-2014 23:26:55

RainRain
Lovely
Super Veteran Rock Street Wizard Donator Reporter Sempai Club Prime Number Sailing Away

Rocks: 10,191,465

30 days later when mono decides to post

steam.php?id=RainRain&pngimg=shiny&tborder=0
Aliases include: Archiplex/Persona/RainRain/Busaiko
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RainRain/

Board footer

[ Generated in 0.008 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1022.91 KiB (Peak: 1.08 MiB) ]